Discount Janitorial Supply (“DJS” or “Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website, including but not limited to, when you submit information in the course of requesting a contact or a quote.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content, including advertising, that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at www.discountjanitorialsupply.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information from our third-party service providers relating to marketing ads, often placed on third party sites, and how those ads performed or who clicked on them (this information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you, we would treat it as personal information).
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, usage details, and Log and Device Data (the automatic recording of information when you visit our website, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site). This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties (ex. our business partners or affiliates).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or by clicking “Decline Cookie Settings” when prompted upon accessing the Website. However, if you decline or select this setting you may be unable to access 4 certain parts of our website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting or declined cookies when prompted, our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, such as customer support.
- To provide you with notices about your account with us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it. To analyze our products and services, as well as the Website, and to perform audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention. We also use personal information to develop new services, enhance, improve or modify our existing service, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, and to operate our business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you will be given an opportunity to opt out from having your information used in this way. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Discount Janitorial Supply’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Discount Janitorial Supply about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Discount Janitorial Supply, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union or Canada. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your Personal Data to the United States.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own, our affiliates, or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We may have links on our website to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Discount Janitorial Supply
6680 Martin Street
Rome, NY 13440
Email Contacts: email@example.com